1994 Toyota camry v6 xle

Buy/sell/trade anything not Airsoft-related.

1994 Toyota camry v6 xle

Postby roehoe72 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 pm

94 camry.
- new rear struts
- new front brakes
- new windshield
- lots more, have all the receipts.
- auto

Previous to us owning this vehicle, it was owned by a daughter of a mechanic. The lady is also married to one of the chevy mechanic teachers at uaa. This car has been very well taken care of. It runs very well, has lots of power, and rides smooth. Now the problems. 207k miles, rear driver window doesn't function. Needs a paint job, however it's rust free. Rear defroster is non functioning. Broken outside door handle on front passenger door. Has a 3 liter v6. Auto, power steering, power everything. Leather interior. Two sets of wheels. Studs on steel wheels, and newer tires on alloy wheels. Sunroof. This car is mechanically sound, we have had no mechanical issues AT ALL. It just has a few cosmetic problems. Remember its 17 years old. Nada lists it at $2400 for a fair market value. Kbb has it at $3000. I'm asking $2000 obo. Call Dan at 707-639-7845.
Last edited by roehoe72 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Re: 1994 Toyota camry v6 xle

Postby Saber » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 pm

As a mechanic I'd like to add my $0.02 on the topic of the brand. Toyota cars absolutely suck to work on if your hands are bigger than a 12 year old boy's. In the 90's Toyotas were pretty badass for reliability. Import motors especially are renowned for living FOREVER and getting great mileage. Generally speaking a power window that doesn't work is due to a burned up electric motor which could be replaced pretty easily/cheaply if you actually care about a rear window. Same with a door handle. Who really uses the rear defrost? That's what side mirrors are for. A set of studded tires on rims saves you at least $80 every year that you own the car (assuming that you put studs on for winter).

As a mechanic I feel compelled to offer advice help and opinions on everything car related. One question I would ask Dan is automatic or manual transmission and when was it last serviced. A transmission service that involves replacing the filter is one thing that can really help extend the life of your automatic. Manuals are pretty close to bullet proof so long as you keep them full of lube. They need clutches periodically but that's just part of the game. Getting a clutch put in is WAY cheaper than replacing an automatic, but autos will live forever if they're taken care of.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby roehoe72 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 am

Thanx for the bump saber. I should have mentioned that it is an auto. The tranny was serviced the summer of 09, filter and fluids. I can tell you we put less than 10k on it since we've owned it. It is also black with gold badges. As for the window, the motor worked, but the plastic in the tracks are cracked. So I rigged the cables to keep the window up.
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Saber » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 am

Most automatic transmissions should be serviced around 30-40k under normal use. (Transmissions in trucks that are used to tow heavy loads more frequently) And window regulators are still easy to fix if you REALLY want to. Now that I'm thinking about it some of the Toyotas had a very interesting transmission, it's basically an automatic manual. The insides look like a manual, but it's got a torque converter and shifts automatically. Either way it sounds like the car is a steal of a deal.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby LieutenantKD » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Like Saber said,
Me and my family have owned a 96' Toyota 4-runner, in which my Dad had told me about how great and long lasting a 90's Toyota Car is. It has been running(and working fine) for 16 years now, and like similar problems with Dan's, the only real problem we have had with it is the rear driver side window no longer works, at all. But we never had any major mechanical problems with it, with the exception of in 2004 my mom accidentally fed DIESEL in it, leading to big problems, but they were fixed quickly. Just saying to my personal knowledge would be that this car is really at a great deal, and especially the price Dan's selling it for. I like older 4-runners almost as much as I like 21st century Volkswagon TDI Jettas.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter!
LieutenantKD
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Non-Airsoft Marketplace