KGB MISSILE SITE CLOSED

Updates and information about the forums, this site and local information

Re: KGB MISSILE SITE CLOSED

Postby Babushi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

So just as I become a part of this community the main playing field is taken away. Well shit, what now? Where does our future lay?
Member of F.I.S.O.R.
Babushi
E2
E2

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:40 pm

This is simply a new chapter for Airsoft Alaska.

We all knew this was coming... AA held events at the site for a LONG time (over 10 years!) and we were very lucky to have it. If anything, this will propel us faster into a better place to play, as we don't have the comfort of the Missile Site to fall back on.

As the other thread points out, there are other options out there for play fields. If we can get him back into it, we may also have Jimmy's property on KGB (where one of the Endless Rain games was held.)

AirsoftFix also has some irons in the fire. Everything is very much up in the air right now, but you all should still plan to be available to play August 20... Just sayin...

On the note of AirsoftFix, something I posted to Facebook today:

The Missile Site may be closed, but we just signed a 2-year lease for the store, will still be opening 7/23, and plan to sell Airsoft guns! This is simply a new chapter for Airsoft Alaska. We will find a new place to play!
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Boomer » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah we need to find place to play, I kinda miss getting lacerations everytime i dive behind a car
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby AdmiralTyrannus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Boomer wrote:Yeah we need to find place to play, I kinda miss getting lacerations everytime i dive behind a car

yea so does my tac-vest :(
"There's no need to say anything more, the first thing I'm gonna turn to ash is your tongue." Roy Mustang

KWA MP7
KWA Match
Echo1 Wolverine AK47
AdmiralTyrannus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby hpdandy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, after the initial feeling of doom, lets actually wait and see what they do with the site, but be prepared to start looking for other locations. Mr. Squishy, Flea and I are going to be talking with a business soon to see if they are still interested in the possibility of hosting airsoft.

Andy
hpdandy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Saber » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I can see them tearing down the jesus building, and the water tower. Maybe even dragging the boilers out of the boiler room. But I'm not sure they would go to the effort of tearing down reinforced concrete missile bunkers. So maybe there is still hope. Maybe they will be left standing and we will still be able to use the area if we speak with UAA. If I had to guess the site being closed to the public probably has more to do with all the garbage that gets strewn about. Things like old burned out cars, and about a million bucks worth of brass.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby weasle8877 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Exactly what I was thinking saber. The main downside that I see is there being a lack of cover because of the cars being removed, but I'm an optimist.
weasle8877
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby AKSailing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Well since the cat is out of the bag, I have a professionally developed field just outside Palmer for us to play on. It is 73 acres of wooded rolling hills with 14 cinder block buildings constructed for CQB. I however will be charging $25 per player/ $45 for Decpticons/ and $80 for D-bags.
AK Cutthroats.

"They've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, they won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
AKSailing
Captain
Captain

Postby Saber » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:01 pm

AKSailing wrote:Well since the cat is out of the bag, I have a professionally developed field just outside Palmer for us to play on. It is 73 acres of wooded rolling hills with 14 cinder block buildings constructed for CQB. I however will be charging $25 per player/ $45 for Decpticons/ and $80 for D-bags.

Ouch, are you sure that AndrewMc can afford to spend $80 a week to play airsoft? :lol:
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby Zero » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:08 pm

oh man...this sucks...that place was quite possibly the best place to ever play... :(
Don't make a check with your mouth you can't cash with your ass.
Zero
E2
E2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements