Kokusai CAR-15

Post photos and videos of your airsoft guns/gear

Re: Kokusai CAR-15

Postby Cheese Man » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:15 pm

I know. I sold the AEG I had to buy classics, and I never looked back.

As for mags, I got 3 with my CAR-15, and my SR-15 uses AEG mags (sorta), so no issues there.

Thus far I have been using .3s with both of my classics, and I really think that they could do so much better with .4s... The SCS unit is set really low, and I think that if I can give it a bit more hop and use heavier bbs it will have the desired LRB-type effect. I will still try to get an LRB for the CAR-15 though. However, the SR-15 has an R-hop in it, which will become an ER-hop eventually, and it is shooting to about 300 feet already, I think I can push 320' with .4s, and push 350'-360' with an ER-hop, AND, I don't know of any LRBs that can fit in an AEG front set.
I offer a range of airsmithing services, give them a try!
https://sites.google.com/site/cheesemanindustries/home

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Wellster » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Have you tried any other setting on your hopup?When you start getting into .3's and beyond you need to use more,and more still if you are getting into the 500fps zone and beyond.In my G3 I use a wrapped SCS spacer to get the range I want with my EDGI barrel.Simply take a spacer,any spacer and ussing an Xacto knife cut a line in one side from end to end.Next place the SCS spacer inside the regular spacer,and install it SCS side twards the spacer window on your barrel.This arrangement effectively shims your SCS spacer allowing you to increase hop on the bb.My G3 shoots 440fps with .3's and with an SCS in my hopup unwrapped I wasnt able to apply enough hopup to get the range and accuracy I wanted.After I wrapped it,I can make 12in groups at 250ft.Admittedly im at the upper end of what .3's can do for me and really need to move up to .4's.I've been knocking the idea around of taking the guts out of my Tec9 and placing them in an M14 aeg frame.It would certainly make a really good DMR platform.A classics power paired with an M14 aeg hopup.
CA G3SG-1,custom G3 cqb,ARES G36 ebb,LYT T65K2,Dboys PDW,Kart M14 EBR,
A&K SR-25 URX,JAC M16A2,Marushen Tec9,KWC Desert Eagle (400fps CO2 vs)KJW 1911A1
Wellster
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Cheese Man » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah, I have. SCS is Spin Control System, btw. I have tried most of the settings, but at field legal velocities, I set the hop to where it is now for use with .3s. Also, I am not allowed to shoot over 400/.2 on the CAR-15, and 450/.2 on the SR-15, so I have to make the best with what I have. Even though the SR-15 is mechanically incapable of shooting auto...

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Wellster » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh yes I forgot about your 400fps rule.We have no FPS rules here in Kansas,only minimum engagement distances.I have only two guns shooting below 400fps,and both are for CQB.I have done my own R-hop in my PDW with really good results I think.It seems to work really well with .3's at sub 300fps power.At 273fps with .3's I can get my PDW out to 230-240ft. accurately.If I were you I would actually invest in some .43's.Crank your reg up to where your shooting .2's at 500fps.That would bring .43's down some where between 270-300fps or so.I bet your R-hop would come alive.
CA G3SG-1,custom G3 cqb,ARES G36 ebb,LYT T65K2,Dboys PDW,Kart M14 EBR,
A&K SR-25 URX,JAC M16A2,Marushen Tec9,KWC Desert Eagle (400fps CO2 vs)KJW 1911A1
Wellster
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Cheese Man » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:51 pm

I can't. I am not allowed to - the SR-15 is semi-only, which is regulated to 450 fps/.2, and the CAR-15 is capable of shooting auto, so it is regulated to 400/.2. My r-hop is working perfectly, I just think that if I throw in some .4s and turn up the hop a miniscule amount, I will be rockin'.

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Boomer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Serious airsoft conversation is serious... :D
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer