WE 1911 MEU

Post photos and videos of your airsoft guns/gear

WE 1911 MEU

Postby Cheese Man » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

I know this is a common gun, but try this out. Comments/suggestions are welcome, as is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Thanks!

It has an Mk96 inner barrel, and a hopup bucking that came with the Mk96 when i got it - I think it is an ASGI bucking, or something comparable.
Attachments
IMG_0146.JPG
Without handguard
IMG_0144.JPG
With handguard
I offer a range of airsmithing services, give them a try!
https://sites.google.com/site/cheesemanindustries/home

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: WE 1911 MEU

Postby roehoe72 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Is this YOUR setup? Honestly, it's goofy looking. I don't know why you want a sniper pistol, but hey more power to you. I just don't agree with it. Then again, I converted my tm hi capa 4.3 to full auto. I think with a little more thought you could come up with a better "stock". My CONSTRUCTIVE $.02
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Phantasm » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

what the hell.... cool idea, but why?

Maby make a body that goes around the pvc pipe out of bondo and fiberglass resin.
Phantasm
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Saber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I think we all thing that it's super silly. Both in appearance and concept, but more power to you for having a hobby that isn't doing drugs, and I hope that you massacre folks with it Cheesy. And I'd build a cool body out of cardboard, and then make it out of fiberglass, you can pick glass up pretty cheap. Just remember to do so in a well ventilated area, I'm not kidding about that shit, it'll make you feel sick as hell.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby Cheese Man » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

It looks now like I am going to be trading it, but if I do keep it, I most certainly will do something about the body/barrel. This was mostly a temporary fix, so that I could try it without getting too much crap on/in the barrel.

For the body, I was planning something like a TSD SD97, for reference for the handgrip, and on the front, I was thinking a long barrel with an mp5 handguard. Think KJW Mk1 with the Mauser stock.

Yes, I know it is goofy. ;) That is why I did it. :lol:

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Shelegelah » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Regardless of how it looks, I wanna know how this thing shoots! Do you actually get pretty decent range/accuracy?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We do not allow our enemies to have guns, why allow them to have ideas?"
-Joseph Stalin

Joint Leader of Team F.I.S.O.R.
Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby LieutenantKD » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 pm

how long is the inner barrel(in metric)?
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter!
LieutenantKD
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cheese Man » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 pm

It was REALLY COLD where I live today, so I didn't get any decent readings. However, I did get about 150 feet with .25s. The gun is kept in the garage (I didn't think I would be doing this last night), so it, as well as the propane were really cold when this got started, so don't even mention the cooldown effect. The barrel is 495-500 mm long. I shall see how far it really goes, on a warmer day.

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby roehoe72 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am

I was messing with my full auto build on my hi capa today, and to warm the mags after filling I just left them in a Tupperware dish full of HOT water. Worked areal well, and warmed them up pretty darn fast too
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Clyde » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

i hoped you where just doing this for the looks, like i think just a tightbore would be more practical. like you would have the issue of the wrong cylinder that AEG's can have if you increase the barrel length. like there wont be enough gas and it begins to kinda suck back on the bb slowing it down, you can tell this by the "pop" sound when you fire it.

i have done this before as a test of converting an aeg tight bore into a gas pistol tight bore by changing this (373mm?) barrel for my pistol.

So in terms of performance it probably isn't much better than the stock barrel, but for looks that different. I think it could be cool to kinda convert it into your own little GBB rifle, as long as it doesn't look like you tripped and got your pistol stuck in some pipes.

"If Clyde wants you dead, you're dead" Law Abiding Citizen
Clyde
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Gun PRoN