CA M4 CQB SEAL
STAR L85A2
A&K M60VN
Baronvonsmooch
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: A few items from my armory

Postby roehoe72 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm

m4 fan? very nice. oh and welcome to aa. cant wait to be able to check out a systema...
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Baronvonsmooch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Im an AR platform fan, with the first one being the M16 which set me in my ways. The Systema is really awesome there is a reason they are so expensive and so far it has been worth every penny.
2012 Systema M4 CQBR MIL/LE
2008 Systema M4A1 Max
Daytona Gun SAW Para
CA M16A4 w/ M203
CA M4 CQB SEAL
STAR L85A2
A&K M60VN
Baronvonsmooch
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Shelegelah » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:26 am

Did you put that M16 with launcher together yourself, or is it the Evike special that comes as a package?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We do not allow our enemies to have guns, why allow them to have ideas?"
-Joseph Stalin

Joint Leader of Team F.I.S.O.R.
Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby roehoe72 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:57 am

Baronvonsmooch wrote:Im an AR platform fan, with the first one being the M16 which set me in my ways. The Systema is really awesome there is a reason they are so expensive and so far it has been worth every penny.

Though I have never been military, I'm a huge m16 fan also. I guess it was due to growing up with hippie parents and watching platoon!
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Baronvonsmooch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:03 am

The M16 was pieced together by me. I used a Classic Army M16 that I gutted and put a high torque kit in. The CA M203 I bought separately which I directly mounted to the rifle instead of using rail mounts. As for the M203 heat shield I actually bought a real steel M203 heat shield and modified it slightly to fit on the Armalite frame.

You will find that you will be much happier if you piece things together yourself instead of buying "awesome special package deals." You will end up saving money and getting exactly what you want.
2012 Systema M4 CQBR MIL/LE
2008 Systema M4A1 Max
Daytona Gun SAW Para
CA M16A4 w/ M203
CA M4 CQB SEAL
STAR L85A2
A&K M60VN
Baronvonsmooch
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby roehoe72 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:48 am

Baronvonsmooch wrote:You will find that you will be much happier if you piece things together yourself instead of buying "awesome special package deals." You will end up saving money and getting exactly what you want.

And the satisfaction of saying " I built that from scratch "
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Shelegelah » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:21 pm

You will find that you will be much happier if you piece things together yourself instead of buying "awesome special package deals." You will end up saving money and getting exactly what you want.

I more than agree. My brother ended up buying an overpriced special package that looks a lot like yours. I'm not usually a fan of M16/M4 receivers, but I will most assuredly admit that the style of heat shield on that gun is just awesome.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We do not allow our enemies to have guns, why allow them to have ideas?"
-Joseph Stalin

Joint Leader of Team F.I.S.O.R.
Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AndrewMc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Shelegelah wrote:

I more than agree. My brother ended up buying an overpriced special package that looks a lot like yours. I'm not usually a fan of M16/M4 receivers, but I will most assuredly admit that the style of heat shield on that gun is just awesome.

+1 I love heat shields. I'd take a grenade launcher and shield over rails just about every time.
Need something for airsoft? Check www.airsoftfix.com first.
Castners Cutthroats - Alaska's Finest Midcap Team

POLARSTAR M4
KWA U.S.A. SR-12
JG Bar-10
AndrewMc
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Lobo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Well... I'm deeply impressed. Can't wait to see these in action. This tempts me to post pics of my own AR-15 once I've finished applying all the parts I want to.

I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't yet got on the midcap train. Which brand works best with your CA's, and which hop-up unit do you have?
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Next

Return to Gun PRoN