Airsoft Alaska status update

Airsoft events, happenings and news from around the planet

Airsoft Alaska status update

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been pretty busy taking care of final matters with AirsoftFix. Here's a quick update on what's going on:

1. If you had anything in for upgrade/repair with AirsoftFix, you need to e-mail contact@airsoftfix.com ASAP! The phone number is not being answered and the only way to reach me is via e-mail. I need to dispose of all repairs by 2/28.

2. Games should start up again in early March. It looks like we're going to be on Fish & Game land and there's a bit of paperwork I need to fill out and get processed first.

3. The AA forum software and website should be getting a facelift by the end of the month. New user registration is completely disabled right now as spambots were able to get around any countermeasure I put in place. After getting to the point where I was getting a few hundred user activation/approval e-mails per hour, I just shut it off entirely.

Thanks!

Kyle
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Airsoft Alaska status update

Postby Hippie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 pm

So it's almost half-way through the month of March now, so I think it's safe to say that there won't be any games in "early" March. Can we get a SITREP? I've been dying to get out and play - my gear's collecting dust, and most of it hasn't even been fielded in over a year.
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Hippie
E2
E2

Postby pirateking3 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Its still snowing out, most likely games wont be around until the snow melts. Dont worry your not the only one getting the itch..... I too have been getting it since I got my new gear and gun from black friday lol.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Hippie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 am

Foul weather's never stopped me. Hell, we had a great turn-out back in January 2013 at the Wassilla field, and it was -10 degrees out with pretty deep snow.
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Hippie
E2
E2

Postby pirateking3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:14 am

I dont wanna expose my guns to weather like that lol. >_< Ill just wait till its dry and warm.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby csmith789 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm

thats why i use a ptw and polarstar i dont have to worry about it
TF907 XO SMITY or TEX
2013 Systema PTW
Polarstar M4
VFC 416 CQB
TM Glock 17
csmith789
E2
E2

Postby pirateking3 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:30 am

nah ill just stick to my KWA EBBR. :O
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Hippie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

But still, a SITREP would be nice, since now were heading into April, and no word from Kyle.
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Hippie
E2
E2

Postby pirateking3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 am

Gotta give him time man, hes the only one whos spearheading everything.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Kyle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Sorry for the lack of SITREP recently... I've been busy wrapping up final arrangements for the former AirsoftFix shop space (selling off all of the tools/supplies/fixtures and getting it ready for an early replacement tenant). Aaaaand I also discovered XC skiing =) Games won't likely start up again until the snow is gone, but for more selfish reasons =D

I just moved the bulk of the fixtures out of the shop on Wednesday, all I have left to do is patch some holes up in the walls, paint, and have some custom light fixtures removed and I'm done there.

As far as games go:

I have a lead on some private property that a player's family owns. I plan to go check it out the weekend of April 5th. Without getting into too many details: no field fees, no insurance (so we can allow high-quality mesh masks and select shooting glasses), about 10 Acres, in the jurisdiction of the Mat-Su Borough (not Wasilla/Palmer) but closer to Anchorage than the Menard Center was.

If that fails to pan out, I also have a lead on a Fish & Game wildlife reserve area near the old Missile Site, however they would 99% sure require us to use bio BBs only, and we would be unable to make any modifications to the land out there (and I have to write a detailed plan to submit to them along with a bunch of other paperwork). No word on insurance requirements for that property. That's my last resort at this point as it's so far away and our use of the land would be fairly restricted compared to finding private property or nearer State land.

If we end up needing insurance for anything, I'd have to raise funds in some fashion, as AirsoftFix is no longer around to subsidize the insurance costs (about $2,000 per year). Right now it's leaning toward no need for insurance, so we'll worry about that if it comes up.

I also need to fix some issues with the forums. We were getting absolutely hammered with attempted spambot registrations and I had to completely shut off user registration. They were getting past the CAPTCHA and other anti-bot measures on the site. I had it set up for manual approval where I had to review everything, but after I started getting a few hundred e-mails a day for activation (maybe 0.5% were legit) I just shut registration off completely.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to World Topics