AirsoftFix-Hosted Games Rules/FAQ

Airsoft events, happenings and news from around the planet

AirsoftFix-Hosted Games Rules/FAQ

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:53 pm

This is a work-in-progress... If anyone has any questions please post them below and I will incorporate them into the main post.

Age Requirements
11 years and younger: Cannot attend
12, 13, 14 years: Parent signature on self-signed waiver required, adult must accompany minor on the field.
15, 16, 17 years: Parent signature on self-signed waiver required.
18 years and up: Self-signed waiver required.

Blind Man
"BLIND MAN" is a verbal command used to indicate an emergency situation on the field that requires all play to immediately stop. Such situations include, but are not limited to: injured participant, non-participant on the field, potentially dangerous wildlife on the field.

If you hear "BLIND MAN", immediately stop shooting, repeat the call so that others hear it, and wait for further instructions from event staff. Only resume play when "GAME ON" has been called.

If any player spots an injured player, a non-player on the field, or potentially dangerous wildlife, you all are empowered to initiate the "BLIND MAN" call. Whoever initiated the call must quickly find a member of the event staff and involve them in the situation.

Eye/Face Protection
Acceptable eye protection must:
1. Must be a solid lens (no mesh)
2. Must meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1+ specification
3. Must be full-seal around the wearer's face(no shooting glasses)

Face Protection Options
Balaclava
Shemagh
Wire Mesh Lower Face Guard

Grenades and Mines
Only grenades or mines that expel Airsoft BBs can count as hits against a player - a BB expelled by the grenade/mine must strike the player. Noise maker grenades do not count as hits, they only serve as a distraction device.

Devices that expel powder have not been decided on yet - if anyone has one, please bring it to a game so we can test it and see if it can be used and counted as hits.

Pyrotechnics
All pyrotechnics are prohibited. No open flame or smoking in or near the woods (smoke in the safe zone only).

Respect
Keep it PG-13. Don't verbally assault other players. Call your hits. If you have a problem with another player, take it up with a member of the event staff and don't try to deal with it yourself - it never ends well!

Safety Kill and Surrender Rules
If another player sneaks up on you, and is within 10 feet of you, they may say "bang", "safety kill", or "surrender". You must treat that as a hit and call yourself out, you have no option to try to fight back as you are both within the 10 foot minimum engagement distance.

If it's questionable whether or not the other player truly had the drop on you, say "parlay" and both players must dis-engage and move 100 feet apart from each other before resuming play.

Velocity Limits and Minimum Distances
400FPS and below: Full auto, 10ft minimum engagement distance
450FPS and below: Semi auto only, 50ft minimum engagement distance
500FPS and below: Bolt action only, 100ft minimum engagement distance
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: AirsoftFix-Hosted Games Rules/FAQ

Postby GBACON » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 am

sooo, does the pyrotechnics thing mean i cant put a firecracker in a balloon stuffed with BBs as a grenade? :twisted:
~KWA CQR Mod. 2
~KWA MK23 USSOCOM GBB
There is no end to war, only delay.
GBACON
E2
E2

Postby Boomer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:46 am

Yes, that action is prohibited
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aidan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 am

I have a question about glasses... By " full seal around the wearers face" do you mean a) glasses that seal around your eyes, or b) a full facial mask like what people use for paintball?
Did you pay the Iron Price?
Aidan
Corporal
Corporal

Postby AdmiralTyrannus » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 am

-deleted-
"There's no need to say anything more, the first thing I'm gonna turn to ash is your tongue." Roy Mustang

KWA MP7
KWA Match
Echo1 Wolverine AK47
AdmiralTyrannus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Aidan,

1. You need goggles, not glasses. Goggles will have a rubber or foam gasket that touches your face all the way around the lens. This is the only way to make sure a BB does not get in from above, below, or beside the lens and cause eye damage. Also, there cannot be any large holes in the frame of the goggles - nothing bigger than a 6mm BB.

2. Some form of face coverage is required, regardless of age. However, this can be a soft covering like a balaclava or a shemagh. So you can wear goggles and a balaclava/shemagh/lower face guard, or a full-face paintball-style mask that covers your eyes and your face.

Hope this helps - PM me if you need any more clarification.
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mrsniperguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 am

So if you had a spring sniper rifle that shot 520 fps with .20g but you use .28g and that drops it down to 460 would you be able to play?
We are ruled by tyrants. Prepare accordingly
mrsniperguy
E2
E2

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

No, because the kinetic energy of the BB would be the same or higher (depending on the gun). The only reason we show the measurements in 0.20g is so that we have a consistent and easy way of measuring - almost anyone can get their hands on a 0.20g BB, and we can provide them at the chrono station to measure with.

You can use this page to play around with different weights and velocities to see the kinetic energy in joules: http://msed.bbbastard.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=57

So your gun shooting 520FPS with a 0.20g BB is 2.51J of kinetic energy. If you used a 0.28g, it would travel 439FPS, but it would still have an impact force of 2.51J.

In other words, your gun shooting 439FPS with a 0.28g would shoot 520FPS with a 0.20g, so it's over the limit. You'll have to do some sort of modification to reduce the velocity slightly. I'd recommend talking to Sam at AirsoftFix about modifying your spring rifle - it's something he could either explain to you or we could do it at the shop.

We can also chrono your gun at AirsoftFix and verify it's actually 520FPS. If you're going off of the manufacturer's specs, they may be over-stated and you might actually be under the limit when we chrono the gun.
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mrsniperguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I was just seeing if a rifle i might buy would be playable so i wont have to do any modding actually so ill just look at another rifle instead Thanks!
We are ruled by tyrants. Prepare accordingly
mrsniperguy
E2
E2

Postby Dibs » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 am

So i don't have any eye protection that fits the bill, i was wondering if you'd have the proper stuff for sale before the game. I just want to make sure i don't go out and buy the wrong thing.
Dibs
E2
E2

Next

Return to World Topics