Where to buy airsoft helmets?

Chat about holsters, camo, boots and other airsoft gear

Where to buy airsoft helmets?

Postby pirateking3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Im looking for airsoft helmets to go for a look.... I want a MICH2001 helmet with NVG mount and side rails with the velcro around the helmet for me to put patches... I want it in OD but evike and even airsoftgi has those sold out and prolly wont restock....
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Re: Where to buy airsoft helmets?

Postby Hatah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:43 am

Hatah
PFC
PFC

Postby pirateking3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm

whats the shipping price like to alaska? Its from China... Im also skeptical as to how the quality is lol.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Lobo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm

You probably will not find exactly what you are looking for, but 907 Surplus on Boniface in Anchorage has several real-deal helmets for sale. You could haggle something cool to a good price. Also, if I remember right they have a bin full of rhino mounts.
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Baronvonsmooch » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am

Helmets are a big gear item for many.

I myself have a chinese knockoff of the OPS Core FAST style helmet. It does the job to an extent. The NVG Shroud that came with it doesnt fit the standard Rhino mount so im in the process of upgrading to a Team Wendy Exfil helmet (once you get into night vision stuff and need gear that translates over to real steel shooting it starts to get spendy). This particular knockoff helmet has lasted me through several national ops and seen plenty of use so dont be too skeptical about quality. It all depends on what you plan to do with it really.

As for a Rhino Mount and J Arms (if you are running a PVS-14 or other monocular device), I second the thought of going to 907 Surplus. They have fantastic prices on all the US General Issue mounting devices, including single hole NVG shrouds.
2012 Systema M4 CQBR MIL/LE
2008 Systema M4A1 Max
Daytona Gun SAW Para
CA M16A4 w/ M203
CA M4 CQB SEAL
STAR L85A2
A&K M60VN
Baronvonsmooch
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby pirateking3 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I wasnt going to use NVGs at all... those were for possible gopro hero cameras being mounted on there.... as for the picanny rails on the helm... Another option to mount a contour action camera on the side... I already got a helm ordered through Airsoftfix.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Kyle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am

Yes - we special ordered a helmet (an OD PJ-style helmet).

We had some other stuff on the order, but I have to see how the shipping breaks down against the cost of the helmet before we decide whether or not we will regularly carry them. The problem with helmets is if you put one in a box, you have about 80% empty air space, and they don't usually nest inside each other all that well (the PJ style ones anyway).

If it works out, we may have PJ-style helmets in a variety of patterns/colors for $75/ea. Not bad when GI/Evike want ~$65-$70 for theirs, but you'd have to pay shipping to order one from them (likely $20 or more for shipping due to the aforementioned volume issue).

How many people would be interested in helmets at AirsoftFix? If so, what color/pattern?
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby pirateking3 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm

That was me who ordered the PJ helm from you guys lol.
pirateking3
PFC
PFC

Postby Subcaptian » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:42 pm

I'd probably be interested if you carried some black MICH 2000s.
Gun list:
CA M249 MK1, G3-SG1
WELL L96
3 ICS M4s, 1 AK47
G&G M4
TM MP5K
KWA MP7!! :)
Subcaptian
PFC
PFC

Return to Gear talk