FN Five-seveN Holsters?

Chat about holsters, camo, boots and other airsoft gear

FN Five-seveN Holsters?

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 am

I have a Tokyo Marui five-seven and I'm unsure what holster I should get. I want it to fit properly and I don't want to go ahead and get a desert eagle holster and have it turn out all loose. Plus the magazines are shaped differently than standard pistol mags. I also will only accept drop leg style Holsters for my light weight class.
Please help, I've got nothing but crap answers everywhere else.
"bolt actions speak louder than words"

Designation: Scout Marksman/Reconnaissance
Primary- WELL L96D .338
Secondary- Tokyo Marui FN Five-seveN
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Re: FN Five-seveN Holsters?

Postby Lobo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Psh, easy choice: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA- ... 5,1410.htm

I think that this dropleg platform is compatible: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Tactic ... 814,82.htm

Can't go wrong with a SERPA. I love using them at games, even if I don't own one at the moment.

P.S.
This ain't a videogame. You don't HAVE a class. Versatility is the most important skill you can learn.
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely consider them over my other plans.

And I do understand what you were getting at with class versatility; I just prefer to run with that setup because I feel that i am more effective at supporting my team with information, rather than just running around with random imperfect tactics and skills with lots weapons that do not relate or compliment eachother eventually forming a jack of all trades. A true squad is never built from four evenly skilled soldiers, it is forged from four specialized soldiers who compliment one's weakness with the others strength creating a group who is exellent at any engagement rather than a group who is just "good" at all engagements. Success never comes from "good", only excellence.

Primary- WELL L96D .338
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Postby penoipower » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:40 pm

I found a FN 5.7 Blackhawk SERPA holster for $36.00 I think that would be the best holster to use in the area that we play in. I use a SERPA and I have never had a problem with it, hope this is helpful.
penoipower
PFC
PFC

Postby Boomer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 am

scoutsniper5796 wrote:I just prefer to run with that setup because I feel that i am more effective at supporting my team with information, rather than just running around with random imperfect tactics and skills with lots weapons that do not relate or compliment eachother eventually forming a jack of all trades. .

This way of airsofting works for me allllll the time. :D But seriously, this isn't some highclass MOUT and you're not going to war. I understand the want/need to look cool but personally i fell just as comfortable in a pair of jeans and my pink floyd tee shirt.
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 am

That's fine if you want to go with jeans and such, because I'm going into the marines and I'm pushing for realism. I just don't like to criticized on how I like to do things.

Primary- WELL L96D .338
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Postby Lobo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:11 pm

scoutsniper5796 wrote:That's fine if you want to go with jeans and such, because I'm going into the marines and I'm pushing for realism. I just don't like to criticized on how I like to do things.

Nobody likes to be criticized. However, you make an error if you post on a message board looking for advice and expect no constructive criticism.

I think the best thing would be for you to come out to the field and play with an open mind. Nothing can substitute for personal experience.

As for realism, I have a bit of history with that. When I started off, the whole thing of making kits that accurately represented real world units appealed to me. I went towards a MARSOC/MFR themed loadout. It got to the point where I showed up at one game, and was the only player realistically dressed. My priorities changed.

In the USMC, you will be limited as to what you can carry, do, and say. I recommend that you try to embrace the fact that these limitations to not exist in our relaxed airsoft club. It's all about the game. Use whatever gear feels right, and try not to take it all too seriously. You will be better off and happier if you learn this.

If you want good tactics, smart gameplay, etc., you are in the right place. You just need to get a feel for what is important, and what is not.

Welcome to Airsoft Alaska.
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Well thanks for the advice, I'm going to keep striving for realism.

Primary- WELL L96D .338
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Saber wrote:
scoutsniper5796 wrote:That's fine if you want to go with jeans and such, because I'm going into the marines and I'm pushing for realism. I just don't like to criticized on how I like to do things.

That's nice, we have plenty of former service members here. You can remove the stick from your ass now. If you're going to get upset over someone pointing out that to label yourself as a "class" is pretty "Call of Duty" then I suggest you avoid mentioning anything near and dear to your heart. You have to realize that we get about a million future super soldiers through these parts. Usually they get their asses kicked in a few games after they realize that people can see and shoot you better than the kids on the internet and then they just sort of disappear. So be happy that someone stopped and took a second to address your potential delusions in an effort to help you avoid the crushing blow to your carefully fostered self esteem and engorged e-peen.

DUDE CHILL im not a f***ing call of duty nerd, I'm a military weapons and tactics enthusiast. I would recommend meeting people before saying s*** like that, you could offend someone a "little" bigger than you.
So please keep the very rude comments off this forum, thank you

Primary- WELL L96D .338
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Postby scoutsniper5796 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Because my choice of words isn't good enough for you, I will change my "class" into my "designation". So can we please get off this stupid argument and back to the original topic.

Primary- WELL L96D .338
scoutsniper5796
E2
E2

Next

Return to Gear talk