My Half-Baked Militia Loadout

Chat about holsters, camo, boots and other airsoft gear

My Half-Baked Militia Loadout

Postby Shelegelah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I've always been a fan of that gritty mercenary look, particularly because it's so damn easy to put together. Here's my half-baked attempt at it (emphasis on the 'half-baked'):

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm17 ... 855-00.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm17 ... 854-02.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm17 ... 854-01.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm17 ... 854-00.jpg

The jacket is an austrian field jacket I bought cheap off some surplus site online. I dig it because the pockets are just big enough for my G3 mags to fit in. The holster crossing my chest is an actual Vz.61 holster from the Soviet Union. That's right, I'm wearing a piece of leather older than me. The boots are just scuffed up work boots, and the raggedy bits of leather on my hands are old motorcycle riding gloves. The kneepad/elbowpad are Blackhawk Hellstorm pads, got 'em from MrSquishy at a very reasonable price. :) The jeans are... Well... They're jeans.

So what do you think?

EDIT: I guess just copy/paste on the links. Couldn't figure out how to put pictures directly into the forum without violating the 800 pixel rule.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We do not allow our enemies to have guns, why allow them to have ideas?"
-Joseph Stalin

Joint Leader of Team F.I.S.O.R.
Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: My Half-Baked Militia Loadout

Postby Lobo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I love it!

As for suggestions, I think a different pair of pants would do it good. Old OD or BDU pants are cost effective and easy to find, but more exotic camo patterns such as Tiger stripe or Flecktarn might be more up your alley.

Maybe some camouflage facepaint?
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Dr. No » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

If you wanted to go the MW2 direction, you could get a bright yellow lakers jersey and some bling!

Or maybe some flip-flops and a walkie-talkie.

All joking aside, I think it looks fantastic. If you're thinking about adding more gear, you might consider creating a simple backstory for the character to govern what kind of specialized equipment he'd need.
Dr. No
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Shelegelah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Honestly, I'm really partial to the jeans. Sure, the blue might not be the best camoflauge, but goddamn they're comfortable and easy to move in. As for camo patterns, I'm not a big fan. Sure, it's tactically sound, but plain old OD is good enough for me. I seem to be decently sneaky as it is, provided I don't start wearing bright pink.

Camoflauge facepaint would be pretty damn neat. I might experiment with that in the future. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: I do have a wicked trench knife that I carry on my belt, but it's always under the jacket so it's not really visible. I'm not wearing it in the picture. It's obviously just to make me feel like a badass, maybe whittle down a stick. I'd never whip the thing out in a game. I'm not sure what other equipment I'd add, honestly. I've got my sidearm, I've got my primary, I've got my little protection doo-dads, my jacket holds enough mags for me... What else could I really use?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We do not allow our enemies to have guns, why allow them to have ideas?"
-Joseph Stalin

Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby TheMightyMoe » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Hah I was right on the loadout =p I'd agree that something other than blue jeans would be quite suffice. Grey/Faded black jeans, or even cartharts.
Castner's Cutthroats,
Alaska's finest.
And when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes long into you.
TheMightyMoe
Captain
Captain

Postby Shelegelah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

I do have a pair of dark grey jeans that I wore for a long time, but unfortunately the crotch blew rather explosively in the middle of a very impressive dive roll... I plan on getting another pair, no worries.
-Joseph Stalin

Shelegelah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Saber » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 am

(/Russian accent) In soviet Russia, Levi's are opulent luxury(/end Russian accent)

I'm thinking a faded pair of khaki pants would be the epic militia pants, that's just my opinion though.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Return to Gear talk