Midcaps not feeding well.

Having problems? Ask a question.

Midcaps not feeding well.

Postby Lobo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:25 am

I have a set of King Arms 120 round M4/m16 midcaps, the kind offered by Kyle. In the past they have worked fine. Now, bbs are consistently getting stuck every few rounds fired. A slap to the side the mags brings them to the top.

Online I have found some conflicting information. How do you recommend I lubricate or clean the magazines to fix them?
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Midcaps not feeding well.

Postby Kyle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 am

Have you ever left BBs in the magazines for more than a day? With midcaps, if you leave the springs compressed for too long they will lose their pushing power and the BBs will feed weak, or become jammed in the mag. I ruined many an AK lowcap and midcap that way back in the day.

If you havent, see if you can loosen the screws that hold the 2 sides of the midcap together just slightly. I had to do this with a Magpul PTS PMAG Midcap once - it was really sticking, and just barely loosening some of the screws by the final part of the BB tube fixed the issue.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Lobo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:39 pm

That sounds highly likely. I think I remember coming back after a game, and leaving a few of them loaded.

Thanks for the advice.
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Kyle » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Load 5-10 BBs in the mag then use your finger to slide the little release button. They should shoot out very forcefully, almost all at the same time. If you can hear each one coming out individually, then you've got a weak spring.

Also, if the follower is not pressed up against the end of the feed tube, but is inside the mag by 2 or 3 BB spaces, the spring is shot.

Not sure on how to recondition the spring, or what type to replace it with... Maybe someone else can chime in on this?
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby DELTA 01 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm

You can remove and try stretching the spring but that would most likely only return it to a slightly (IE weak) functioning state.
TF25AK
The only unregistered team yeah were that good!
HK
DELTA 01
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to Technical Problems