KWA M4A1 external problems w/ muzzle

Having problems? Ask a question.

KWA M4A1 external problems w/ muzzle

Postby errorer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 am

Hello again, I got that KWA M4 from Kyle, and I was looking at the muzzle in which the suppressor fits over, trying to figure out how to put the orange tip on, now I'm pretty sure I broke it, as in order to take the suppressor off, I have to hold onto the stock with my feet, grab the muzzle with my right hand, and use my left to take off the suppressor. Any help would be appreciated.
Team: ENAT
Callsign: Python
Role: Recon

"You fly your flag, We'll happily shed blood, tears, and flesh for ours."
errorer
E2
E2

Location: Anchorage, The Last Frontier, The Land Of The Free, And The Home Of The Brave.

Re: KWA M4A1 external problems w/ muzzle

Postby drak » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

Can you give us some more details as to the state of the threads? I don't see why anything other than damaged threads would cause it to be difficult to put a supressor on or off.
drak
E2
E2

Postby Saber » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Pictures would be good. I'm gonna have to say damaged threads (agreeing with drak) or noodle arms. Maybe a combination of both. :lol:
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby Kyle » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Was it one of the Surefire suppressors?

If so:
Rotate the locking ring so that the suppressor slides off.

On the flash hider, there is a small hex grub screw that digs into the threads on the barrel, locking the flash hider in place. Use a small allen key to remove the grub screw (or at least back it out enough.)

The flash hider should unscrew. Remember that it is threaded counter-clockwise (backwards) so right=loose left=tight.

If you unscrewed the whole suppressor + flash hider with the grub screw still dug into the threads... your threads are probably shot, and you'll need a new barrel.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby errorer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Kyle wrote:Was it one of the Surefire suppressors?

If so:
Rotate the locking ring so that the suppressor slides off.

On the flash hider, there is a small hex grub screw that digs into the threads on the barrel, locking the flash hider in place. Use a small allen key to remove the grub screw (or at least back it out enough.)

The flash hider should unscrew. Remember that it is threaded counter-clockwise (backwards) so right=loose left=tight.

If you unscrewed the whole suppressor + flash hider with the grub screw still dug into the threads... your threads are probably shot, and you'll need a new barrel.

It was whatever suppressor came with it in the bundle at the gun collector event, on the matter of screws, that explained why twisting it wasn't very effective, I think I may've damaged the screw... Would you be able to fix it?
Team: ENAT
Callsign: Python
Role: Recon

"You fly your flag, We'll happily shed blood, tears, and flesh for ours."
errorer
E2
E2

Location: Anchorage, The Last Frontier, The Land Of The Free, And The Home Of The Brave.

Postby drak » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 pm

whether it's fixable will depend greatly on how bad the threads are. Maybe they're just a little bent here and there which would let you run a die over it carefully to cut away the bent parts and clean it up. However, if they're looking a little bit mangled then you're going to have to replace the whole barrel.
drak
E2
E2

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Yep, it's the Surefire QD suppressor. Pull up on the lever, rotate the collar the only direction it moves, then pull it off forward. Now you should be able to see the hole for the grub screw on the flash hider. Back it out, and the flash hider should unscrew (turn it right.)

As far as repairing the threads, I don't currently have the tools for that type of work. It may still work OK if you didn't unscrew it too far. I'm sure someone here on AA has the tools and would fix it for a fee.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Technical Problems