Mag Feed

Having problems? Ask a question.

Mag Feed

Postby Boomer » Sun May 08, 2011 2:14 am

so saturday at the site, sometime in the latter half of the day, a high cap I was borrowing stopped feeding. I am running the same ammo in the high cap as I do with my 4 midcaps. I have no idea whats up and when I put the mag in the magwell, It clicks in place, but I dont hear the spring pushing the bb's into the chamber.

Any ideas?
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Mag Feed

Postby Saber » Sun May 08, 2011 6:08 am

You were (Successfully) using that same highcap prior to it not working?
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby AKSailing » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 am

There is a little wheel on the bottom that you must wind to keep feeding the bb's.

Just kidding
AK Cutthroats.

"They've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, they won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
AKSailing
Captain
Captain

Postby Boomer » Sun May 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Saber wrote:You were (Successfully) using that same highcap prior to it not working?

Yes, I had used it prior to the point at which it stopped feeding. It was fully wound up, and using the same ammo, but it seemed like nothing was hitting the bb release-latch-thing when the mag clicked into place

AKSailing wrote:There is a little wheel on the bottom that you must wind to keep feeding the bb's.

Just kidding

Ha-ha :lol:
Canadian Drug Lord

Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Saber » Sun May 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Boomer wrote:
Saber wrote:You were (Successfully) using that same highcap prior to it not working?

Yes, I had used it prior to the point at which it stopped feeding. It was fully wound up, and using the same ammo, but it seemed like nothing was hitting the bb release-latch-thing when the mag clicked into place

AKSailing wrote:There is a little wheel on the bottom that you must wind to keep feeding the bb's.

Just kidding

Ha-ha :lol:

My only brilliant suggestion is to try a little lube, there's realistically nothing that should have changed between when it was and when it wasn't working. Might see if the little release lever is chowdered at all, I don't remember it being so but never hurts to double check. Also see if it slides freely. Maybe it's just a little sticky and sitting funny in the magwell when you put it back in.
In light of the recent shifts in policy my particular brand of humor and wit is no longer welcome here.
Saber
Captain
Captain

Postby roehoe72 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:53 pm

What's a high cap magazine?
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Boomer » Sun May 08, 2011 6:01 pm

It's this magical object that you insert into your gun that holds 4 Times as much ammo as 1 of your mid caps! :o
Canadian Drug Lord

Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Cheese Man » Sun May 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Only four? So thats...88 rounds? LAME! :lol:

Back on topic, try soaking some bbs in oil/grease, then run them through the mag, but not into the gun, obviously. IDK if this is the "right" way to do it, but it's how I used to do it.
I offer a range of airsmithing services, give them a try!
https://sites.google.com/site/cheesemanindustries/home

Up the Classics!
Cheese Man
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby roehoe72 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Boomer wrote:It's this magical object that you insert into your gun that holds 4 Times as much ammo as 1 of your mid caps! :o

Well thats my point exactly. You need four times as much ammo to hit me, where as I only need a quarter of that amount to shoot you. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :lol:
"If I were an alien, I'd want to visit Alaska too. Just like a tourist in a motor home." - Erin Jones
CASTNER'S CUTTHROATS
ALASKA'S FINEST
roehoe72
Captain
Captain

Postby Saber » Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm

roehoe72 wrote:
Boomer wrote:It's this magical object that you insert into your gun that holds 4 Times as much ammo as 1 of your mid caps! :o

Well thats my point exactly. You need four times as much ammo to hit me, where as I only need a quarter of that amount to shoot you. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :lol:

We all know that the cutthroats are too cool to use highcaps. What they never mention is that the only reason they don't use them is they have problems understanding the mechanics of them, newfangled "wheels" and "gears" technology. :o
Saber
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Technical Problems