AirsoftFix-Hosted Games Rules/FAQ

Airsoft talk for players in Juneau, Ketchikan, etc.

Re: AirsoftFix-Hosted Games Rules/FAQ

Postby ECABoss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Is there going to be a chrono test? Or is it just a loose " whatever the manufacturer said the gun shot at" rule?
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport
Airsoft is the experience

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

We will be bringing a chrono to the game. If the gun is fresh out of the box there shouldn't be any issues =)
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Sunmix » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello to everyone.

I want to say about chrono measures.

I saw some curious fact - impact force was higher, then we think if the ball was lighter. Example: we have a sniper rifle, the owner of it uses a 0.43 grams BBs. After chrone measurements we calculate that 2.81J for this gun. But after using 0.2 grams BBs we take a impact force over 3.26J, but, AFAIK, enerjy must to be same for any weight of BB. The velocity of BB will be higher, but energy will not change because mor lighetr ball. Also, for carabine with 0.28 grams BBs we make a measurements and calculate that 1,89j, but after using 0.2 grams BBs we saw 2.1J.

I think will be good if you'll make a database with the velocities of BBs with the maximum energy of BB depend on most popular weights of BBs, and use this database when chroning
I against drugs. I remind that it is forbid to use them and furthermore to extend
------------------------------------------
Remember - we see everything.
Sunmix
E2
E2

Postby ECABoss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Sunmix wrote:Hello to everyone.

I saw some curious fact - impact force was higher, then we think if the ball was lighter. Example: we have a sniper rifle, the owner of it uses a 0.43 grams BBs. After chrone measurements we calculate that 2.81J for this gun. But after using 0.2 grams BBs we take a impact force over 3.26J, but, AFAIK, enerjy must to be same for any weight of BB. The velocity of BB will be higher, but energy will not change because mor lighetr ball. Also, for carabine with 0.28 grams BBs we make a measurements and calculate that 1,89j, but after using 0.2 grams BBs we saw 2.1J.

I think will be good if you'll make a database with the velocities of BBs with the maximum energy of BB depend on most popular weights of BBs, and use this database when chroning

Huh... Interesting. So I guess heavier bbs hurt less?
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Postby AlienAlaska » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:24 pm

No heavy BBS don't hurt less they have more energy to transfer to what ever they hit (human flesh for example ) causing a bigger shock area = more pain\damage. Some thing I noticed by chance at the old missile site I had an AEG shooting 360fps or so with .20g BBS and when shooting some of the random glass objects(mostly bottles) laying around I noticed they would bounce off with out breaking the glass. Then at some point in the day I started using g&g .28g BBS an they would shatter just about any glass object I shot. The 2s didn't have the mass to make enough force to break the glass . I do think there should be some limit to the weight of BBS used in the indoor games due to heavy BBS ability to transfer more force to what they hit. They are more likely to find faults in eye protection I have even seen heavy BBS break the frames on a paintball style face mask at low velocity.
I fix/upgrade guns PM me
AlienAlaska
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ECABoss » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 am

That's a scary thought. Go out to play airsoft and someone shoots your goggles out at 300 fps... :shock:
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

AlienAlaska wrote:

No heavy BBS don't hurt less they have more energy to transfer to what ever they hit (human flesh for example ) causing a bigger shock area = more pain\damage. Some thing I noticed by chance at the old missile site I had an AEG shooting 360fps or so with .20g BBS and when shooting some of the random glass objects(mostly bottles) laying around I noticed they would bounce off with out breaking the glass. Then at some point in the day I started using g&g .28g BBS an they would shatter just about any glass object I shot. The 2s didn't have the mass to make enough force to break the glass . I do think there should be some limit to the weight of BBS used in the indoor games due to heavy BBS ability to transfer more force to what they hit. They are more likely to find faults in eye protection I have even seen heavy BBS break the frames on a paintball style face mask at low velocity.

I think it's already in the other thread with the indoor rules, but there is a limit of 0.25g for indoor games for this exact reason.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ranger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:15 pm

KE= 1/2 MAS X Velocity squared
and your gun only has so many J of energy transferred to a bb so regardless of weight your gun will only do so much damage unless you change the material fired (ie Glass or metal)
a gun with the energy of 1.5J will shoot 402FPS with .2 and 359 with .25g or 328FPS with .3 or 284FPS with .4
all are 1.5J of energy
the difference is when the energy is delivered.
with .2g bbs the gun will shoot 164ft give or take
over that distance the energy carried by the BB is being drained my the resistance of the air untell the force of gravity pulls the BB to earth
now the .3 bb will only go 131ft or so but it still has the same amount of energy behind it as the .2g bb
the mass dose not change but the velocity dose. and because the deceleration of the bbs are at different rates the .3g bb will have more KE then the .2g bb after a sertain distance but it will still be less then 1.5J as some of the energy was used to overcome wind resistance . that is why the heaver bbs were breaking glass when the others were not.
this is with the best of my knowledge in my physics classes and i do not clame to be 100% perfect but my professor agreed with me and this is the best i could enplane it without a whiteboard and a 15m lecture in person :lol:

carry on and play well
-don't bother running you'll only die tired-
ranger
PFC
PFC

Previous

Return to Southeast