Loose Magpul PTS stock

Chat about airsoft guns

Loose Magpul PTS stock

Postby Aidan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Title says it all, I've just gotten a PTS carbine stock and it's really loose on my KWA CQR. I was thinking about putting a shim of some kind on the buffer tube. Is this a normal problem or am I just doing it wrong?
Did you pay the Iron Price?
Aidan
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Loose Magpul PTS stock

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

You probably got the wrong type of stock:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/m ... ertube.jpg

Stocks listed as "commercial spec" are designed to go on a slightly thicker buffer tube, and therefore have a larger inner diameter.

Stocks listed as "mil-spec" are what you want for Airsoft, as our buffer tubes are modeled after mil-spec tubes. A mil-spec stock just won't fit a commercial-spec tube, however a commercial-spec stock on a mil-spec tube will be loose/wobbly as you described.

You might be able to shim it somehow, but your best bet is to return/exchange the stock and get a mil-spec one. Or just return it and order a Magpul USA one through AirsoftFix for (likely) cheaper than what you paid for the PTS one (Magpul USA products tend to be less expensive than PTS). Exactly which stock did you get? I can check price/availability with our Magpul USA supplier and look into ordering you one that's mil-spec (and the real deal, too!)
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Loose Magpul PTS stock

Postby Aidan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:39 pm

I wrapped a little electrical tape around the inside of the stock and it went on just fine. It's a little too late to return it too, as it was from eBay and I've already painted it. Thank you for the advice though.
Did you pay the Iron Price?
Aidan
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gun talk