PRS stock on an AK47

Chat about airsoft guns

PRS stock on an AK47

Postby T1000 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm looking at an AK47 that has an M4 stock and I want to attach a magpul PRS stock on it, is it possible? does it require an adapter? I know I will need to place the battery somewhere else.

Here's the AK: ... NUTE.aspx#

Here's the stock: ... ck/139414/
Holy crap, you just butchered my ex girlfriend, I don't know whether to call the cops or buy you flowers

Re: PRS stock on an AK47

Postby ECABoss » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

As far as I know, you can just put the stock over a normal M4 buffer tube. However you will need to put the battery somewhere else on the gun or put a battery pouch on the stock itself. Hope this helps!
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport
Airsoft is the experience

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17

Re: PRS stock on an AK47

Postby Kyle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:42 pm

You should be able to mount the PRS, but you have to be careful which type of stock adapter you get:

The PRS stock does not slip over a standard buffer tube - it replaces the buffer tube completely. On an M4 AEG, you'd remove the buffer tube and receiver endcap, and screw the stock's tube directly to the receiver.

The PRS will not be compatible with an AK/M4 adapter like this: ... dda0ff43a2

But it will (or should) work with something like this: ... dda0ff43a2

You'll want to make sure the adapter has the short tube like the one I linked to. Some older-style ones will have a tube that's about 1/3 to 1/2 the length of a buffer tube, and you need it to be about 1/4 for the PRS to fit properly. These can usually be cut but there might be threads on the AK version since the screw is not going into the gearbox.

AirsoftFix will also be getting Black/Dark Earth/Foliage Green PRS stocks back in stock in late April. We only have Dark Earth in stock right now. We don't carry the M4/AK adapter so you'll have to snag that elseplace.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | |
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Gun talk