Gearbox

Chat about airsoft guns

Gearbox

Postby ECABoss » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 pm

So what are the best gears/everything internal stuff to get after your stock parts break? Like not high torque or high speed but whats the best for longevity?
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport
Airsoft is the experience

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Re: Gearbox

Postby articjackal » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:41 pm

I have been using a set of Prometheus helico gears for about six plus years now with no problem. they have been in meany gearboxes. I would recommend the aim red piston with steel teeth or SHS. I would recommend an Aluminum air nozzle that has a rubber o-ring inside of it. A modify anti revers latch. A guarder cylinder. Deans plugs for the wiring. any SHS, Lonex, or Modify air sealing parts. pretty much anything that Kyle sells
I haven't messed around with newer gears any so that's why i recommend the Promy gears. I would look to find out what things you need for your gearbox V.1,2,3, so on and so forth. is this for a TM electric g18?
Also avoid ball bearing bushings.
I AM A MOD, PM ME WITH ANY PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS

ALASKA CUTTHROATS PRO MID CAP
Strikeball for life!
www.airsoftfix.com
articjackal
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Gearbox

Postby ECABoss » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 pm

articjackal wrote:I have been using a set of Prometheus helico gears for about six plus years now with no problem. they have been in meany gearboxes. I would recommend the aim red piston with steel teeth or SHS. I would recommend an Aluminum air nozzle that has a rubber o-ring inside of it. A modify anti revers latch. A guarder cylinder. Deans plugs for the wiring. any SHS, Lonex, or Modify air sealing parts. pretty much anything that Kyle sells
I haven't messed around with newer gears any so that's why i recommend the Promy gears. I would look to find out what things you need for your gearbox V.1,2,3, so on and so forth. is this for a TM electric g18?
Also avoid ball bearing bushings.

I have an Echo 1 Troy M4... So, a v2 Gearbox... The gun is fine and still going strong but I've put 150k+ rounds through it and I don't know how many more before things break.
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport
Airsoft is the experience

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Return to Gun talk