Lonex Flash Mags...

Chat about airsoft guns

Lonex Flash Mags...

Postby Aidan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Im buying my first serious gun soon, and I'm going to buy some high cap magazines for it. Ive been looking at some options, and I had a question about the lonex flash magazines that everyone seems to like. My question is, how important is the special "flash" mechanism thing. Is it really a huge advantage, or would it be better to buy some cheaper wind up magazines?

Also, one more off topic question, what is a barrel blocker, and where can I buy one?
Did you pay the Iron Price?
Aidan
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Lonex Flash Mags...

Postby Kyle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Aidan,

We carry Lonex Flash Mags at AirsoftFix - it's the best place to get them of course!

Essentially it boils down to the time it takes to wind the mag up. A regular hicap takes me about a minute (maybe a little less) for a full wind, and you have to wind up the wheel with your finger (which can be annoying in the winter with gloves on, or really cold if you take your glove off!). A flash mag can be fully wound in about 3 seconds (it only takes about 5 full pulls of the string to get it wound all the way up).

This can really come in handy if you have less than a full load of BBs in your mag and it gets bumped just right to where it unwinds itself... With a regular hicap you're at least 20-30 seconds until you're back in the fight as you wind enough tension back on the spring, with a flash mag you're only 3 seconds out from being able to return fire again.

If you're going to do hicaps, they're really the way to go, as they are the same price or cheaper as the regular-style M4 hicaps we carry.

The Lonex Flash Mag is available for the M4 and AK series. We just got in some of the Echo1 "Fast Mags" for the G36 and AK74 (more straight mag, but will also work in any AK). The Echo1 ones are plastic instead of metal, and aren't really as high of quality as the original Lonex mags.

A barrel blocker is something to cover the muzzle of your gun in the safe area. We have some home-made PVC ones for $5 at games, most Airsoft guns come with a red muzzle cap that will work, and you can also use the paintball nylon barrel covers as long as the end is reinforced.

Basically, the barrel blocker needs to be able to securely fit the end of your barrel, and completely prevent a BB from escaping your barrel in the event of an accidental discharge. They are absolutely required for all non-holstered guns while in the safe zone.
AirsoftFix, LLC | 700 W 41ST Ave. Suite D, Anchorage, AK 99503
1-855-AIRSOFT | http://www.airsoftfix.com | contact@airsoftfix.com
Kyle
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Lobo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Seconded. Kyle speaks truth. There is no reason to get old-style high caps if flash mags work for your gun. They work fantastically in my G&G M4. On the other hand, I am having experiencing double feeding issues when I use it with my KWA M16. Hmm.
Also known as Lawrence of Arabia
Lobo
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby AKSailing » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I recommend going with mid-caps. Not only are mag changes more realistic training it adds a bit more challenge. Not to mention much much quieter.
Anyone can wail away "Hollywood" style with a high-cap.
Step it up and go mid-cap. Just don't let Saber catch you with an unloaded mag.
AK Cutthroats.

"They've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, they won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
AKSailing
Captain
Captain

Postby ErikT22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Lonex Flash Mags are the way to go!! :) Much better then regular high caps beats winding all the time
ET, Airsmith
TF-907 Wasilla,AK
Eagle Squad Airsoft-NB,CT
Op Mighty Eagle-Mystic, CT
Op Endless Rain 5-AK
Barrett M82
G&G m4 fully custom
TM Glock 26
ErikT22
Corporal
Corporal

Postby ECABoss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:36 pm

I can load and completely wind my flash mag faster then i can wind a standard high cap... E.F.F.E.C.T.I.V.E
Nerf is the game
Paintball is the sport
Airsoft is the experience

MagPul PTS Masada SV
WE Tech WE17
ECABoss
PFC
PFC

Postby Boomer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 am

OOOOOOOOOK!

To wrap up what you have just read, it really comes down to your own personal preference of whether you want to run Highcaps or Midcaps. From your original post it sounds like you are interested in the Lonex Flashmag. Everything Kyle and Lobo said is true, and I can confirm they works wonders in my KWA CQR and have used them in an Oldschool Classic Army M4 (a gun notorious for being very picky about every little thing you shove in it) with no issues that I can recall.

If you are interested at all in Midcaps they are a good way to go as well as you don't have that annoying bb "slush" noise as you are running around the field. and you kinda feel a bit cooler (in my opinion) doing 3-7 tactical reloads in an intense firefight.

When it comes down to it, If you are dead balls set on Highcaps, Lonex is second to none with a high quality construction and long durability. I also believe Kyle has a couple reviews on Youtube on these mags as well if you want further convincing.
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Do I get to be a condescending prick about necroposting now?
Did you pay the Iron Price?
Aidan
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Boomer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 pm

My apologies, I made a noob mistake and didnt look at that post date :oops:
"A kid your age shouldn't be droppin Acid!" - Ben
Canadian Drug Lord

ERIN GO BRAUGH ~ Your F---ED!!!
Boomer
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby I677000 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Kyle do you have somethings like this package deal for mags? http://www.amazon.com/Airsoft-150-Round-Capacity-Magazine-AK-47/dp/B005F0NLQU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365547023&sr=8-1&keywords=mid+cap+ak+mags I am looking to purchase a few AK mid cap mags. But when i was visiting store you did not have any MID CAP AK mags
I677000
PFC
PFC

Next

Return to Gun talk