new feild

Local airsoft chat for Fairbanks players

new feild

Postby ranger » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Chad and i found a new place for us to play but it is going to take a lot of work.

location is about one click WNW from the rep road sight
64°47'44"N
147°22'1"W

the sight is wooded with a field and several roads. the area is perfect for mil sim and scenario games and has a mile by mile area for us to use and includes the rep road sight.

map.jpg

the area outlined in grey is all burned out woods and could be used for post nuclear scenarios
the red is roads
the black is the bunker

we need people to help with clearing and construction as well as donations of supplies (plywood, 16 penny nails, 2X4, 2X6, 4X4 ect. as well as logs we cant cut down trees to the best of my knowledge but i was planing on making several dug in positions and that will require logs 6-8" around and 4+ feet long)

PM me if you are interested in the making of a new field this spring
-don't bother running you'll only die tired-
ranger
PFC
PFC

Re: new feild

Postby ranger » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 pm

come on guys we do need help if we want to build this
-don't bother running you'll only die tired-
ranger
PFC
PFC

Postby Controlled01 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 pm

You'll get more replies closer to summer when people start watching this board again. I usually only check in 1nce a month to see whats up until march or April.
Controlled01
E2
E2

Postby TheMightyMoe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:48 pm

If you want free wood pallets swing by the hospitals loading dock, all the pallets out there are free. They easily put out 10-20 a week.
Castner's Cutthroats,
Alaska's finest.
And when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes long into you.
TheMightyMoe
Captain
Captain

Postby LtChad » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Just talked to Carey Burns of FNSB Department of Land Management. He is very interested in hearing our proposal to take over exclusive use of the entire lot PAN 366820 (subdivision 1S 2E, Block 28, Lot 2800) - yes that's the one we are currently using.
I have downloaded and read the entirety of Chapter 25.10 Land Management and I think our chances are very good. I have most of the proposal already together, but we may need some newer pictures of what's out there - mostly of what damage has already been done to the site (the whole 1 mile by 1 mile square). This means trash, abandoned vehicles, atv trails and roads already created, etc.
Also, note that there is a 2 week period in which public comment on our proposed use will be allowed. This site has had problems before, but with the right mentality, we can get the neighbors to help us succeed. This means going door-to-door in the area and letting people know who we are, and that what we are doing is done in a responsible manner.
We will be applying for a Temporary Use Permit under the article Ch25.10.060 in which we would gain EXCLUSIVE use of the land. This means it's also OUR BUTTS that will be responsible for it (we also can't divide up the land, it's take it or leave it - the whole thing).
http://www.codepublishing.com/ak/fairba ... #25.10.060

Let me know what you think and we'll see you at the meeting hosted by the Brothers of Airsoft:
"GENERAL NOTICE TO ALL OPERATORS,
We will be holding our Second Meeting in the month of April. Tentative date for the meeting is either the 18th or 19th. Accepting suggestions for Locale open until the 31st of March, if no suggestions are given we will use the space on Stacia Street.
Topics for discussion; (thus far)
- Repp Road Cleanup Day.
- Summer Tournament and Game Ideas
- B.O.A. Patches
Feel free to offer new or existing topics for discussion!"
LtChad
PFC
PFC

Return to Fairbanks