Fairbanks New site scouting

Local airsoft chat for Fairbanks players

Fairbanks New site scouting

Postby LtChad » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:21 pm

So, I'm gonna go out there on Sunday and see if there's a spot that looks good, and if it's accessible. I'll be there by 2:00PM and I will first try to see if there is access from Rentals Street (Southwest) which will, most likely, require a bit of a walk.
After that, I will see how the access is from Benn Ln/Ownby Rd. Hopefully, there will be some dry spots to set up a plywood base and other temporary structures for next year.

Here's where I will be:

IF this site is where we want to start playing, and DE-associate ourselves from the paintballers...
The FNSB BLM (Fairbanks North Star Borough, Bureau of Land Management) only requires a $100 filing fee for a Temporary Use License Application which is valid for 5 years. I would be willing to put my name on it, but we may want to talk about starting a Fairbanks-based airsoft association (a non-profit organization). This would also be beneficial for doing hosted games and indoor games, and even Mil-Sims (something I've always wanted to do).

Let me know if you are able to come out too. Text or call me at 907-eight eight eight-7373.
LtChad
PFC
PFC

Re: Fairbanks New site scouting

Postby LtChad » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 am

So, me and Ranger (Kyle Fagerstrom) went out and walked the new site area.
Unfortunately, that site is way too wet for what we would be doing.

So we checked out the lot that our current playing location is on (a 1 mile by 1 mile area). Turns out there is a concrete building on a road coming in from the west (Brock Rd). There are a number of small ATV trails that intersect - you can see them on the Google Maps.
Our plan is to draw up a small proposal to give to the borough with our application for recreational use. In this plan we will be showing how the lot exists and all the damage that is already been done, then distance ourselves from it as much as possible. Then we will show how we will be improving the current conditions. Me and Ranger will be doing some volunteer work to get the concrete building and its surroundings cleaned up and useable for our airsoft games. Then we will be putting up some temporary structures for bases and flagging out zones for different game sizes.
Any help and/or feedback you would like just post it here.
-LtChad
LtChad
PFC
PFC

Re: Fairbanks New site scouting

Postby weasle8877 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:29 am

That sounds great, keep us posted. I can try to help out with labor if you get the land.
weasle8877
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Fairbanks